If you are interested in training as a hypnotherapist it is likely that you will have started to carry out some research, on hypnotherapy training courses available and the training schools which offer them, on the internet.
Before long, I have no doubt, you will be looking for guidance! Bearing in mind that you are likely to be facing a substantial investment with regard not only to course fees but your time and energy, you want to be sure that the hypnotherapy training course you choose is the optimum one.
Unfortunately, it is a minefield out there! I hope that the following advice will give you some assistance in making your decision. Please note that training in NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) is not, as is claimed in some sites, a pre-requisite to training in hypnotherapy. NLP theory, use of language and language patterns and NLP techniques are inherent within the practitioner course.
Please feel free to contact the school at any time to discuss anything which we may have inadvertently omitted to address here or to access contact information from graduates who have already had the ‘AWHI Hypnotherapy Experience’!
There are moves to achieve some form of regulation in the hypnotherapy profession, however as the situation stands presently, all regulation is voluntary.
As such anyone, even with little or no training, can call themselves a hypnotherapist. This also applies to the field of training. In both cases, recognition of the hypnotherapy training course by bona fide accrediting bodies is the only guide a person, seeking training in the field, has.
Over the last decade, however, a plethora of ‘accrediting bodies’ have also developed though there are moves afoot to bring about some form of rationalization.
Just recently the two main lead bodies, the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council and The UK Confederation of Hypnotherapy Organisations have announced that they are to set aside any ‘differences of opinion’ and work together as the vehicle to lead the industry forward.’
The following are some additional frequently asked questions which I have tried to answer for you. You might, however, choose to ask any hypnotherapist you approach in order to give you a basis on which to evaluate their response(s).
Questions to ask Online Hypnotherapy Schools
The following are a few questions you should consider asking before choosing any particular hypnotherapy training course or training school.
- How long has the course been in existence?
- Are the course providers willing to facilitate contact with previous graduates or are you expected to rely on testimonials?
- Are the hypnotherapy training courses provided by the school or training establishment recognized and/or accredited by a reputable body such as the National Society of Professional Hypnotherapists, The Hypnotherapy Association, the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council, the National Council of Psychotherapists or The UK Confederation of Hypnotherapy Organisations?
- Do the course trainers have substantial experience, not only in the practice of hypnotherapy but also in curriculum development, teaching, supervision, assessment procedures, and mentoring techniques?
- On application for information regarding their hypnotherapy training courses does the school respond rapidly enough?
- Do you get the opportunity to speak to a course director?
- Is the hypnotherapy training course on offer comprehensive? In other words, when you complete the course will you be qualified to practice or are there ‘add-ons’, all of which will cost money?
- Does the curriculum include suggestion therapy, hypnoanalytical techniques, past life regression, healing under hypnosis, psychotherapy, and self-development?
- Is it a ‘correspondence course’, completely ‘distance learning’?
Learn more about choosing a certified hypnotherapist at http://pomm79.moonfruit.com.